Had a great time at a one-day event at the Leominster priory, being medieval again.
Things that I have learnt/discovered:
- I am unfit after a winter of doing not a lot
- I am overweight, see above
- I really need to sort out my arming jack to properly fix my armour to it
- I need a better sallet and bevor
- I need to invest in a polearm
- I need to get on with longbow training
- I still need more soft-kit
But other than that, it was a quite special event. Sitting in the priory later in the evening, as our hosts fed us a banquet, with the sounds of medieval instruments, gazing up at the high walls and ceilings to take in the decor, and chatting with good people, you begin to really appreciate how important days and nights like this are to the well-being of oneself. I need to do more of it this year. And I need to get back to planning stuff too, like the two Scottish events this year – Thirlestane and Pinkie.
Effort and time applied can only reward you all the more later.